History
MountyChurch – Mt Hawthorn Baptist Church Inc to give it its full name – was founded in 1912, as an outreach by pioneers from North Perth Baptist Church to the then-new suburb of Mt Hawthorn. We have been part of our local community, meeting on the same site, since then – some parts of our existing buildings date from the work of those early pioneers.

In its earlier years the church was involved in planting new churches as the surrounding local suburbs grew, and we have always been keen supporters of local and international mission. The church has embraced many changes over the years, and continues to do so to stay relevant.

We are part of the church network known as the Baptist Churches of Western Australia, a denomination with over 100 churches and 10,000 people in our State.